Skip to content
Read about the latest financing topics from our team of experts.
- The Secured Lender – Vernon Francois: Prestige Capital Supports Entrepreneur’s Partnership with Sally Beauty (2/5/2020) - Vernon Francois grew up in a Rastafarian household where the weekly tradition was having his hair braided every Sunday. The experience was so painful that he decided to learn how to braid hair himself, using carpets and window shade edges as practice.
- Forbes – Closing The Small Business Financing Gap: Invoice Factoring Basics (1/30/2020) - Even profitable businesses can have cash-flow issues. This is especially true in industries with long payment cycles, such as apparel, construction, food and beverage, government contracts, hospitals and nursing homes, importers and exporters, manufacturing, staffing, transportation and wholesale/distribution.
- The Secured Lender – Despite Competition, Factors Still Growing (4/18/2019) - For factors, 2018 was a very solid year for business, with many in the industry experiencing growth across all regions and specialties, whether organically or through acquisition. Despite the good news, industry leaders do note that competition remained erce, and they predict more of the same for the year […]
- EACC New York Newsletter – From Lingerie to Construction (9/15/2016) - The hazy days of summer were definitely not lazy. Prestige Capital worked on a broad range of deals in a wide spectrum of industries that reflects the state of business in 2016. There was a huge uptick in the technology and construction industries. Both have invoices that are paid based […]
- Raine Magazine – Creative Ways to Finance your Business (2/4/2016) - In the 16 years that I have been in the accounts receivable finance industry, I have worked with companies across a wide range of industries and sizes. What often surprises me is that a vast majority of business owners have never heard of using accounts receivable financing to create […]
- Built In NYC – New York tech startups getting funding from an unusual source (11/11/2015) - These days billion dollar tech companies are no longer rare enough to be called unicorns. So many millions of dollars of VC money is sloshing around the city that you could be forgiven for thinking it’s easy for startups to raise money.
- Crain’s New York – Startups That Can’t Get Financing Try Old Trick (12/8/2014) - After raising $10.5 million from investors last year, real-time Web and mobile conferencing firm CaféX Communications wouldn’t seem to be the typical candidate for factoring. The financing approach—where firms sell their accounts receivable to a financial-services firm to get cash into their coffers more quickly—is much more common in […]
- What Are Your Commercial Financing Options? (11/1/2011) - In large measure, many banks are not to blame for the obstacles small business owners face in obtaining loans. Rather, government regulators review bank lending practices, and, therefore, standards have tightened in recent years. There are, however, several commercial finance alternatives for business owners and entrepreneurs. These traditionally consist […]
- Restaurants & Institutions Magazine – Factoring for Food Service Companies (11/1/2010) - Like many sectors, food service vendors have been caught up in the recent severe lending credit environment. In large measure, the banks are not responsible as they are merely reacting to the warnings of government regulators. As has always been the case, banks must reasonably comply with both internal […]
- Community Magazine – A Tradition of Financing Solutions (8/26/2010) - Harvey Kaminski, President ofPrestige Capital of Fort Lee, New Jersey, and Stuart Rosenthal, Prestige’s Executive Vice President, often draw upon their Jewish roots and beliefs when designing their approach to transacting business.
- The Secured Lender – Merger Opinions (4/1/2010) - The old adage that difficult economic times create unusual opportunities seems to patently apply to the factoring industry. We are all cognizant that banks sharply curtailed their lending as a reaction to the economic downturn. This development allowed many factors with strong banking relationships, includingPrestige Capital, to review and […]
- Industrial Technology Assistance Corporation Newsletter – The Power of Three (2/1/2008) - Prestige Capital Corporation is pleased to introduce you to ITAC (Industrial Technology Assistance Corporation), possibly one of New York City’s best kept secret weapons against the rising costs of doing business in the Big Apple. A nonprofit economic development organization, ITAC’s mission is to strengthen the New York City […]
- The New York Enterprise Report – Where to Go When Your Bank Says No (10/1/2007) - It takes money to make money, as any business owner knows. But many small businesses also know what it’s like to be turned down by a bank for a loan or line of credit, not get as much as they need, or simply not get the cash quickly enough […]